The goal of the final project is to design and build a digital pen, which can automatically turn the handwriting/drawing into digital files. By using the digital pen the user can write/draw on any plain surface. By using a proper handwriting/drawing recognition software the handwritten text/drawing is transferred to a digital text/picture, which is sent to a host computer or a display device.
The digital pen concept: the digital pen has a built-in sensor (accelerometer, gyroscope) that collects the acceleration and rotation information during your writing/drawing. Using this data, a microcontroller determines how the pen moved and reconstructs your handwritind/drawing in digital form.
Tasks in detail:
1. Studying and collecting relevant literature
2. Investigate the market, compare similar products available in the market
3. Investigate and compare different digital pen concepts
4. Design the electrical and mechanical parts of one of the selected concepts
5. Implement a handwriting/drawing recognition software
6. Test the operation of the digital pen
7. Document your results