The aim of this thesis is the development of an SAP module, which supports the management of sales related subsequent discounts of a pharmaceutical company.
First of all I inquired the data model and structure of the SAP R/3 System SD (Sales and Distribution) module, focusing on the areas dealing with partners, materials and outgoing invoices. Afterwards I reviewed the data model implemented for the pharmaceutical company.
The implemented module is capable of determining sales related subsequent discounts for the company's partners based on either total invoice amount or on sold material amount. Discount is given only if the partner’s order - compared to a reference period - grew beyond the market itself.
The module has two main parts:
1. Maintenance of the partnergroups, materialgroups and discount ranges:
- partnergroups/materialgroups: In the system, user-defined groups can be created, modified and deleted.
- discount ranges: user can maintain the discount rates on an interval basis. (For example, 5% discount belongs to the growth that 0 - 5% beyond the market growth, 10% discount belongs to the growth 5-10% beyond the market growth and 15% discount belongs to the growth above 10%.)
2. Discount calculation; parameter definition:
- there are financially closed predefined periods (quarters) in the system, which can be selected from a drop down list. This is an easy and quick way for the user to select a period from the last two years. The drop down list contains the financially closed quarters from the third quarter of 2009 on (e.g. 2011 Q3, 2011 Q2… etc.). Beside the predefined periods, the user has the opportunity to select dates from a pop-up calendar if the predefined quarters are not appropriate.
- the market growth is a percentage value which can be given as an input. This percentage can refer to quantity or net amount as well.
- partner/material: The user can choose between the followings: single partner/material; predefined partnergroup/materialgroup; user-defined partnergroup/materialgroup or all partners/materials. If group or all partner/material is choosen the analysis takes place on single partner/material as well.
- total invoice amount: Discount can be calculated based on total invoice amount.
- material level: There is an opportunity to calculate growth based on ordered materials’ quantity or net amount.
After all necessary parameters are defined, the system lists each partner to whom discount can be given. Discount can be given to a partner, if its ordered amount in the examined period grew beyond the market compared to the reference period. In case of total invoice amount calculation, the ordered amount is the sum of the invoices’ net amount generated in the examined period; in case of material or materialgroup based calculation the ordered amount is the sum of the quantity or net amount of the selected materials in the examined period.
With the selection of a partner, the accounting letter appears. The accounting letter contains the examined period’s invoices with possible discounts. In case of material based calculation the letter contains values for each material. The possible discounts are summarized. The accounting letter can be exported or even printed.