These AJAX web applications require new approach from developers and architects as well, because many traditional paradigms won’t apply for them.
Google created the – continuously evolving – Google Web Toolkit (referred as GWT from now on) for developing such AJAX applications.
The goal of my thesis is the implementation of a framework by Google Web Toolkit, that effectively supports the development process during client side development. GWT in itself is not a framework, as the name says, it is a toolkit.
The main goals of the framework are the following:
• It has to support the rapid and easy addition of new screen modules
• It must be transparent and easy to modify or improve
• It has to support automated testing
• It has to support internationalization
• It has to support the history management found on traditional web pages
• It has to be secure
• It has to be fast, optimized