The aim of this thesis to describe how to create an online database, based on Augmented Reality-based mobile services, which whit the user's own concepts can apply in practice, with the individual three-dimensional graphic models uploading options.
The thesis of essential functions can be divided into three large units.
Mobile clients application:
• I selected an Augmented Reality-based Android operating system developer package.
• This realized for constructing an application mobile clients, which with a barcodescanner and a phone's camera, identify the perceived barcodes and then connects to the online database server through a web service, and asks the barcodes associated with the 3D model of the remote server. After scanning data, the pre-loaded, and sought 3D model, will appear on the display, over the scanned barcode, which can be either a text, or an arbitrary object in the user's needs.
Web service, as a communication channel to achieve:
• I designed and implemented the online database and mobile clients interconnection architecture.
• Implemented a web service, what is between the web server and mobile client, which transmit the model of the extended virtual reality applications.
Online portal for implementing model uploader:
• I met with ASP.NET MVC 3 technology.
• I created a web server application interface, where users can upload the three-dimensional models for the mobile clients.
• I realized, that the portal generates the mobile client needed barcodes, associates to the uploaded model and offers a printout for the user.
• Users can download the mobile application portal from the uploading portal.
The design and implementation of processes are documented in the thesis.