In my thesis I present a data migration process in an enterprise enviroment, besides that I optimize, and model the process of migration, using the obtained sample files. The main component of the solution is the recommendation algorithm, that allows to complete the mapping algorithm, which requires special attention during the migration project, ensuring the accessability of the running migration, and maintaining the quality of data migrated.
• I present the old, and the new IT systems, and present in more details the reason of the migration.
• I describe the difference between online and offline migration, explaining the steps of the online migration.
• I introduce the process of datacleansing, including the product mapping, and the recommendation algorithm.
• I implement, and test the recommendation algorithm, and show the preparation of the migration process.
• The thesis provides a variety of methods to test the success of the migration.
• I analyze the occuring errors, and propose to give solutions.
• Finally I analyze the results of the finished migration. I compare the migration with, and without the recommendation algorithm.