While finding literature in the area of my research I became familiar with both the PRP kits found in today’s market and their individual protocol. Becoming familiar with the properties of these equipment were helpful in both planning my own PRP kit and deciding on its applied protocol.
By understanding the premise of my dissertation, with the use of calculations and experiments, I was able to prove that the previously designed (Semmelweis University, Institute of Human Physiology and Clinical Experimental Research, Tissue Engineeing work group, Izápy Viktor) bioreactor does not meet the requirements; therefore I had to re-design it. The purpose of redesigning the bioreactor was to develop a therapeutic device that is both suitable for centrifugation and PRP isolation. The experimental device I created was justified by the errors of the bioreactor.
I designed and built the necessary centrifuge needed in the development of the PRP therapeutic device. The tissue development work group previously tried to compile a centrifuge but it was never completed because the incorrectly designed components did not allow for its intended use (resonated to a fault). Therefore Semmelweis University bought the missing components required by my design and I completed the remaining necessary skilled labor (machining, turning, cutting and soldering) of the components. During the centrifuge construction I used some components of the previous centrifuge (motor and casing) and added the components I designed myself to successfully eliminate the resonance problem.
I continuously carried out experiments with the newly constructed centrifuge and used the results from these experiments in both the development of a PRP kit and in deciding the PRP isolation protocol.
Thanks to the results of the experiments I was able to develop my own PRP therapy device and with the help of the prototype extract plasma rich protein from blood.