TTCN-3 (Testing and Test Control Notation 3) is a programming language designed for testing and certification. It is the product of the ETSI Technical Committee MTS (Methods for Testing and Specification). It has been used for more than 15 years in the several fields of the industry.
The subject of this diploma thesis is to implement a software, having intelligent content assist, user friendly interface, and great performance. Requirements according to the implemented editor:
- Efficient parsing of TTCN-3 code while typing.
- Display syntax errors in the code.
- Management of TTCN-3 source files, projects, and imports.
- Customizable functions to support development of the code: syntax/semantic highlighting, code completion, selection, outline view.
In the development process, the following challenges had to be solved:
- parsing of TTCN3 code,
- design and construction of abstract syntax tree,
- build up data structures and algorithms using the tree,
- implementing editor functionalities, supporting high level content assist.