The task of the student is to apply the black-box digital modeling process to a tube guitar amplifier, considering the nonlinear characteristics of these devices responsible for the typical overall sound of guitar amplifiers.
In order to do so following tasks have to be performed:
- A short introduction to the processes used for the description and identification of nonlinear systems based on the studies on the subject,
- A detailed review on the Hammerstein model based nonlinear identification process.
- Review the nonlinear modeling process known as dynamic convolution and the identification possibilities of the model.
- Perform the identification of a specific tube guitar amplifier using the two processes shown above on different amplifier settings (gain, volume, lean/crunch/ etc channels).
- Implement the data into MATLAB and evaluate the results (sounds) of the model based on objective and subjective aspects with the help of appropriately chosen sound samples and measuring signals.
- Analyze and examine the implemented models based on their real-time feasibility!