The main goal throughout this documentation is to present a complex sociometric data
analysis process, based on real data, available through a straightforward, easy-to- use web
based framework, implemented as part of this thesis project. The concrete analysis process
carried out as a showcase of using the implemented platform, is a temporal examination of
data, gained from an actual company’s internal chatting system. To enable easy
understanding of the data, the document inspects constructed graph structures, charts. These
visualization methods all support efficient and clear information retrieval from the raw data,
showing quickly accessible insights.
The document is divided into five major parts:
1. Introduction chapter – contains the short introduction of the project carried out.
It offers a high-level overview of the project, helping the reader to get a hold of
2. Theoretical background chapter – contains the review of related basics in
mathematics, software engineering fields, forming a solid ground for
understanding the theory behind the project. Moreover, the used technologies,
external packages are listed and presented throughout this part of the
3. Design and implementation chapter – contains the detailed examination of
development, design, and implementation phase. This part covers the
important design decisions made, as well as the elaborated presentation of the
implemented system, supported by many descriptive figures.
4. Evaluation chapter – contains the actual evaluation step of the system
functionality, with also revealing insights, relations discovered in the example
dataset, using the implemented analysis platform.
5. Conclusion, future work chapter – contains future possible improvements and
planned further research projects based on the results, as well as the wrap up of
the work done during the project.